You can change your choice by amending your browser settings at any time. If you disable cookies that we use, this may impact your user experience while on the Hotel Østerport site.
Visitors to a site using cookies must receive information regarding:
- the fact that the site contains cookies
- what these cookies are used for
- who uses the information, and
- how cookies can be avoided
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?
Cookies are small text files which are sent to and stored on your device (mobile phone, computer or tablet) and which are common on the Internet. Some of the cookies are necessary to enable you to use the site's full functionality, while others are used in order to improve your user experience and facilitate navigation on the site.
There are two types of cookies: permanent and temporary (so-called session cookies). Permanent cookies are saved as a file on your device for a longer period of time in order to customise the site according to your wishes, selections and interests. They are used, for example, in connection with functions that tell you what is new since you last visited the site. When the expiration date is exceeded, the cookie is deleted when you return to the site that created it. Session cookies are placed temporarily on your computer when you visit the site, and are sent between your computer and the server during the time you visit the site and are deleted when you close your browser. These cookies are used, for example, to keep track of what language you have selected.
Some examples of what cookies can be used for:
- When you log onto a site a cookie is placed on your computer. In connection with each page change, your computer sends a cookie to the site you are visiting and, using the cookie, the site can determine that you are logged in and you avoid having to provide a username and password for each new page.
- When you want to tailor sites to your preferences. These preferences may concern the design on a site you visit often, customised contrast or font size, or customised sorting or selections.
- On sites that sell services, cookies are used to facilitate bookings or orders.
- Registering which people have visited which pages on a site. This information can then be used to choose the right advertisement or otherwise tailoring the pages the user may view. Many cookies used for advertising and tailoring content are third-party cookies.
- Monitoring the traffic through statistics to improve the site and learn more about different target groups. Many cookies used for statistics are third-party cookies.
- Keeping track of selected language, booking codes or membership levels.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies can be divided into categories depending on their function.
- Required: These are necessary for certain functions to work. This may be the case, for example, in order to identify and authenticate the user in connection with logging into Hotel Østerport website and in connection with payment. If you refuse to accept these cookies, you will not be able to use the relevant functionality.
- Presentation and function: These cookies make your use of the site easier and more personal, for example, by customising information and offers to things in which you have previously shown interest. These cookies are also used to collect information (e.g. popular pages and user patterns) regarding Hotel Østerport's visitors' use of the site so that Hotel Østerport can improve the site and Hotel Østerport's digital services. If you refuse to accept these cookies, the functionality of Hotel Østerport's digital services will be limited.
- Promotion: These cookies are often third-party cookies, i.e. they are not used by Hotel Østerport but by one of Hotel Østerport's partners. These cookies use information regarding your use of Hotel Østerport's site and other parties' sites, for example, sites you visit or advertisements you respond to, in order to subsequently provide advertisements which are more suited to you, both on Hotel Østerport's site and other parties' sites. These advertisements are called "interest-based ads" since the purpose is for you to only need to view advertisements which suit your interests. If you refuse to accept these cookies, you risk decreasing the level of your user experience.
IF YOU WISH TO AVOID COOKIES
Cookies are not used to damage or destroy your computer and most browsers automatically accept cookies. If, however, you do not wish to allow cookies, you can refuse to accept cookies in your browser's settings and delete cookies stored on your hard drive. You can also set your browser such that it notifies you when it receives a cookie. This way, you have the opportunity to accept or reject the cookie. More information regarding cookies and your browser settings can be obtained from your browser provider. You can also receive further information at www.youronlinechoices.eu.
However, Hotel Østerport does not control certain third-party cookies. These cookies may only be turned off on the relevant site and in accordance with the instructions provided there.
By using cookies, Hotel Østerport's site recognises your device when you visit us again and you avoid providing certain data each time you use Hotel Østerport's digital services. Cookies also assist Hotel Østerport in customising the services to meet your needs, for example, so you avoid having to choose a language. Because the cookie keeps track of what you previously expressed interest in, Hotel Østerport displays information and offers from companies within and outside the Hotel Østerport group which hopefully suit your individual wishes. Quite simply, the site becomes easier to use.
We may also use other companies that, on Hotel Østerport’s behalf, place cookies to deliver services they provide.
CHANGES TO HOTEL ØSTERPORT'S COOKIES
The cookies that Hotel Østerport uses and the changes made by Hotel Østerport are only stated through Hotel Østerport's updates of the table set forth below. Thus, we suggest that you check the table each time you visit the site.
COOKIES USED BY HOTEL ØSTERPORT
Hotel Østerport's digital services collect and store information using technology from various measuring tools. The information can be used to create profiles under a pseudonym. Cookies may be used for this purpose. We also use third party cookies, mainly for measuring traffic and/or determine which digital service you last visited.